Monday, June 11, 2012

Sweet 16 Explosion Box - Gift Card Holder


I made this gift card holder explosion box for my daughter’s friend:


Top view:


  
I cut the “16” four times - twice with a rectangle welded to the bottom of it using Cricut CraftRoom and twice without the rectangle.  I was able to fold out the rectangle to create a stand to hold up the number.




Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression & Cricut CraftRoom Application
Cricut Out of Character Cartridge (Happy Birthday)
Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge (tag)
Cricut Paper Trimmings Cartridge (scallop box)
Cricut Cupcake Wrappers Cartridge (scallop circle)
Cricut Celebrations Cartridge (retangle welded to 16)
Cricut Sanrio – Hello Kitty Font Cartridge (Sweet 16)
Martha Stewart Scoring Pad
Craftsmart Embossing Pad
Zing Embossing Powder (Blush)
Hero Arts “Special Birthday” Stamp
Ribbon from my stash 
Studio G Chalk Ink, Inkadinkado Blending Chalks and Copic Markers (to outline card stock)
Self-adhesive foam mounts
Self-adhesive rhinestones
Flower from the Dollar Store
Making Memories Packaging Tape (Cheeky)
Brads
Solid and sparkle card stock are Recollections brand
Patterned card stock is GDC studios – material girls paper stack
Leftover plastic packaging
Chunky Glitter
Embroidery Floss


Thanks so much for looking.

15 comments:

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

That is so cute! I've always wanted to make one of these but never got around to doing so - thanks for the inspiration - betcha your DD's friend loved it!

Sis Patterson said...

This is wonderful - I love how your Sweet 16 is on a stand and floating. Great details too - thanks for sharing your fabulous creation.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!! What a terrific, creative explosion box!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Diane said...

I really love the colors you used for this! I bet you it went over like gangbusters!

L.B. said...

I love this. Such a fun gift and a 16 year old will love it as well.

Sukie said...

Absolutely stunning, love all of the extra details!

image queen said...

Wow, what a great card, and I like the shade of the 16. It pop's out as it should. Thanks for listing all of your material and where you got your cuts from. Very helpful. TFS

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

I love your project-- especially the floating sixteen!! I just tried my first explosion box and I wish I had seen this one first! Love all of your details!!!

Life and Knits said...

OMG!!! This is stunning!!!

Marie said...

Beautiful! I have not attempted an exploding box yet. You have inspired me with your gorgeous box.

ClaireR said...

Awesome exploding box...
I love the colors and paper you chose.
Im now a follower and cant wait to see what you create.
TFS!
ClaireR
www.threewaterscreations.com

ps: just popping by from the CCMB

Bunnyfreak said...

Great explosion box. I want to try on of these.

Margi said...

That explosion box is so cute. I'm sure she is going to love it.

Michelle said...

Very cute! I love all the details. I am sure that the recipient will truly enjoy this card/gift.

Michelle

Bad Kitty said...

super je. jako mi se sviđa.