Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Card for my Mama

One of this month’s Cricut Circle magazine contests is to use the current magazine as a stepping off point for a creation. The rules require the use of at least 3 Cricut cuts and an idea from the magazine in the project.

My mother’s birthday is in June, so I decided to use Lisa Falduto’s “You Are My Sunshine” card on page 43 of the magazine as my inspiration for a card for my Mama.  This is Lisa's card:


and here’s my card:
The rose is cut at 3.5” from Walk in my Garden cartridge.
The frame for the sentiment is cut from French Manor cartridge using Design Studio to customize the size (3.25”X1.75”) and to hide some contours.    The shadow for the frame is the same cut, but at larger size (3.5”X2”). 

 The “Happy Birthday” is computer printed.
The “Mama” is from Mother’s Day 2010 cartridge and again I used Design Studio to customize the size at 0.7” height.  I cut the shadow from cardstock, but the main phrase was cut from vinyl.

Cardstock was  various ones from my stash and the ribbon is a sheer white one that I colored with a gold sharpie.  I also added three decorative accents which are available at Michaels' floral department.

0 comments: