Saturday, October 1, 2011

In Memory Of Summer Layout

I have a confession to make.  Scrapbook layouts scare me.  Those large pages of blank paper are intimidating.  That’s why I mainly stick to cards.

Well, you can just imagine the panic that hit me when I saw the first challenge for the inaugural Cricut Circle’s Canadian Online Swarm was a scrapbook layout “in memory of summer, RIP” with the following  three criteria:

1. flowers, butterflies or bugs, at least one Cricut cut
2. stitching (your choice how: hand, machine, rub-ons, stamped or doodled)
3. a favourite quote.

After I stopped hyperventilating, I came up the following (my very first scrapbook layout using the Cricut):




I almost never get pictures of me with my daughters (I’m usually always behind the camera), but I searched the shots from our vacation this summer and found a couple of me and my daughters to use  for a double 12X12 layout.  (Yes, yes , I know you are looking at the pictures and wondering how in the world I could be the mother of two teenagers  when I look so young --- ok, clearly the hyperventilating has caused me to  become delusional, so at this point I suggest you just humour me and agree that I look young).

The flowers cuts are from the Cricut Pagoda cartridge, the stitching is machine stitched and the quote at the bottom right hand corner is from one of my favourite songs by Canadian singer Bryan Adams , Summer of  Sixty-Nine.  It was printed using MS Word and reads:

Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

Paper is from the  DCWV – The Black Current Stack along with  cream cardstock and black paper from my stock.  Title was printed on a transparccy and is a part of a cut on a circle on the Cricut Accent Essential Cartrige.Bling embellishments are from Prima Marketing Inc.  – Say it in Crystals.

I love to hear what you all think of my first Cricut layout,

2 comments:

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

This is your first LO using the Cricut? You did a wonderful job! Love the flowers from the Pagoda cart - didn't know those were there LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Tracey said...

I wish my 1st layout looked this good. Your cards are always beautiful but this is just as good.