Saturday, July 28, 2012

Punch Buggy Anniversary Card

My wedding anniversary is coming up and I made this simple shape card for my dear husband:
One of our vehicles is a 2009 Blush New Beetle Convertible (it has white gold metallic paint with a red roof), so when I saw the car cut on the the Cricut Sweethearts Cartridge  I couldn't resist making a shape card that looked like our car.  The shape card base was made by welding two "blackout" of the car cut together using Cricut CraftRoom.  The taillight cuts were replaced with red gems from my stash and the heart on the license plate is a piece of confetti also from my stash.  All the paper is Recollections.


The sentiment on the inside (also from the same cartridge) was cut from a scrap piece of silver vinyl.  I find that small intricate cuts like phrases usually cut better if I use vinyl rather than paper.


Thanks for stopping by to have a look.



1 comments:

L.B. said...

such a sweet card..love this cartirdge more and more. very fun