Monday, April 14, 2014

Birthday Card with a little Mixed Media

Here's my first attempt at incorporating some mixed media into a card:



For the mixed media component, I cut a stencil from some plastic packaging I had saved and used it to stencil some drywall compound mixed with Silks Acrylic Glaze directly onto the card base.  I wasn't happy with the color, so I rubbed Inka Gold Metallic Rub over the stenciled area after it had dried.

I am entering  this card in the Die-Namites Blog April "Egg-Cellent" sketch challenge as my tak on the the sketch:

I turned the  Die-Namites Elegant Flake Die into a lace boarder by cutting each "arm" of the snowflake off, colored it with Inka Gold Metallic rub and arranged them into a straight line across the card.  I also used the leaves from the Winter Branch Die-Namites Die for the  leaves behind the paper roses.

Supplies Used: 
Cricut Explore & Design Space Online Software
Cricut CTMH Artiste Cartridge (roses)
Cricut  Winter Wonderland Cartridge (gift)
Cricut Paper Lace Cartridge (damask boarder - for stencil)
Plastic Packing (for stencil)
Synko Drywall Coumpound
Silkes Acrylic Glaze (
Inka Gold Metallic Rub (Gold)
VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Spanish Olive)
Recollections card base 
Martha Stewart Edge Punch  (Double Loops)
Cuttlebug Machine
Die-Namites Die - Winter Branch
Die-Namites Die - Elegant Flake
Spellbinders Page Maps  Die - Tags & Flags
Recollections Glimmer Cardstock
Dollar Store Metallic Cardstock 
Anna Giffin Georgette Christmas Collection (patterned cardstock)
Craft Smart Embossing Pad
Gold Embossing Powder
Stampin' Up Teen Tiny Wishes Stamp (sentiment)

Stampin'Up Word Window Punch
Dollar Store Tulle Ribbon
Pleather Gold Strip (scrap from my stash)
Self-adhesive foam mounts
Glue

Thanks for checking out my card.

9 comments:

Cocoa's Mom said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is gorgeous! The background stenciling works so well as a contrast with the precision of the cuts. I love it!!!! TFS : ) Christine

Lynne Forsythe said...

What a BEAUTIFUL CARD....and I love how you created the border with the "arms" of the snowflakes....FABULOUS!!

THANK YOU for playing along with Die~Namites April Sketch Challenge and Dare!!!

Sis Patterson said...

It's beautiful - love the texture with the gold!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card. I love how you used the flake die to create a border. It is unexpected! Thanks for playing along. Good luck!

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful card.

Diane said...

You just make beautiful things. Love your card, love the shinyness of it. Whatever you make I love!

Di&Co

Peggy Lee said...

Hi and love your card and wow love how you used your die for the border looks like lace...thanks for playing along with the Die~Namites April Sketch Challenge & Dare!

Francine said...

This card is just gorgeous Susan! I love all the shiny and gold. Your cards are always beautiful!

Dunja Trautmann said...

Your card is soooo pretty. The gold look is beautiful. The elegante Flake is one of my favs also. :)
Thank you very much for playing with us at the Die-Namites Challenge :) Hope to see you again.

have a nice sunday,
Hugs, Dunja