Friday, October 10, 2014

Mixed Media Inspired Thanksgiving Tag

It's Canadian Thanksgiving Day this Monday and so here's a Thanksgiving tag I made that was inspired by a variety of mixed media canvases I've seen:


I used my Cricut Explore to cut the tag (Platin Schoolbook cartridge) and flowers (CTHM Art Philosophy cartridge). The leaves/branches are a die (Winter Branch) from Die-Namites Cutting Dies. I also used various papers, lace, glitter, some washi tape and rhinstones/half pearls. For texture, I ran the tag through my Cuttlebug with the Poppy embossing folder by Anna Griffin. The brick pattern on the right hand side was created with a stencil I cut with my Explore (CMTH Artbooking cartridge) from a transparency sheet and drywall compound. Colour was added to the cuts, the lace and over the "bricks" with Copics, Silks Acrylic Glaze and Momento inkpads.

 Hope you like my tag.