Thursday, September 13, 2012

Witching Hour Clock

The sixth challenge for the Cricut Circle’s Canadian Online Swarm is to make any type of project that has at least one Cricut cut and uses something old and something new.

I decided to alter a clock using the an "old" Halloween cartridge (i.e., Mini Monsters) and a new Halloween cartridge (i.e., A Frightful Affair ). 



I love the sassy witch cut from A Frightful Affair. I cut a couple of extra layers of the witch(one in a silver grey and the other in black), so that I could make the hair silver rather than black. I had to hand trim the hair and the hat from the extra two cuts. The green skin layer was actually cut from a cream piece of paper and then colored with a green Copic marker since I didn't have a suitable shade of green paper.  Lips were drawn in with a sharpie marker.

I  accented the bubbles above the cauldron from the witch cut with Stickles.

After applying the vinyl and gluing the witch cut down , I applied a couple of coats of Mod Podge to the entire clock and voila, my project was done.


Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression & Cricut CraftRoom Application
Cricut A Frightful Affair Cartridge (numbers & witch)
Cricut Mini MonstersCartridge (witching hour phrase)
10" Clock
Vinyl from my stash
Card Stock Recollections, Wausau  and AC
Stickles
Copic Marker (YG67)

Sharpie Marker (fine point red)
Mod Podge

I'm giving this clock away, so I hope the recepient likes it.
 



3 comments:

Diane said...

You always make such fun stuff! Love the clock!

Di&Co

Sherri said...

Love it. Great project. I am totally scraplifting this idea.

You are really talented and creative.

sherrihend180

Lilygirl said...

Your clock is so fun!! I really like your little witch!